Thursday, December 15, 2011

My first blog

I have been thinking about starting a blog for a while now so I wanted to make an attempt to start "blogging" about the things going on in our lives right now and from season to season.  I wish I would have started this while I was engaged to be married to Graham, because I think I would enjoy reliving those fun and sometimes stressful moments of planning our wedding!   

So here goes...



I chose the name "A Season for Everything" after a verse in the Bible that you are probably familiar with; Ecclesiastes 3:1 and as you can see above it states, "To everything there is a season, a time for every purpose under the sun."  To me this verse means that God’s timing is always perfect. Know that there are times when we may perceive that God’s plan is not taking shape. Just because we can’t see God’s blueprint doesn’t mean God is not creating something amazing.



On the way to work this morning I was in deep thought about the day that was ahead of me, anxious about Christmas break, and the excitement of THIS season we are in now.  I love the Christmas season,the decorations that bring memories from years past, the smell of a freshly cut Christmas tree, curling up on the couch with the one you love and a cup of hot chocolate, and getting all bundled up to take a walk with my husband and Emma.  I also love the true meaning of Christmas, the real REASON for the SEASON. 



When I was a little girl, my grandmother Ruth would bring out her favorite Christmas mugs (pictured below). I knew that when those mugs made their appearance it was almost time for "Santa Claus" to come. 

 


I think I might just go have a cup of hot chocolate in one of these mugs tonight!

No comments:

Post a Comment